View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 07:33 AM
Sewnoma

Funny...in my family we call the end pieces of bread "butt bread". Not very appetizing, is it? I don't like eating the butt bread; I used to feed it to my dogs until I got a dog with a wheat sensitivity and he got hugely bloated from it & my vet told me that lots of dogs have trouble digesting wheat. Now I don't feed wheat anything to any of my dogs. DH will rescue the butt bread for sandwiches but I just don't like it and he can't have wheat now. I should do more crumb-topped casseroles or something to use them up.

Trying to think of other weird food things I do...when I cook fresh broccoli I skin the woody parts of the stem away and cook up the core of the stem, DH thinks that's bizarre but I love fresh broccoli and don't want to waste a single morsel!

When I slice onions, I periodically rinse my knife and the uncut part of the onion bulb under cool water. Again, DH thinks I'm crazy but I swear it cuts down on how much my eyes water.

Tomatoes - if I'm going to be dicing a lot of tomatoes I dunk them in an ice water bath for awhile first, so they're firmer and easier to cut. I learned that from working fast food, of all things.

I get annoyed if DH grates cheese right off the block and leaves grater-marks behind. No real reason for it, I just don't like it!