View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 07:51 AM
Annie68

[QUOTE=Skylark53;6783797]I found a really old thread on this from 2011 so I thought it was time for an update! Family members, in particular my father, are having trouble believing that many people that aren't professional quilters have more than 1 or 2 machines. I insist (while on the verge of buying my third antique machine) that plenty of quilters/sewers have numerous machines! I understand that those that collect antique machines are likely to have more so I want to hear from those with more recent/new machines as well! Of the ones you have, how many do you use?

I have 2 right now (listed in signature). The FW I use a lot, the Kenmore more for finishing larger projects. But as I take on more things, I'll probably be bouncing between them more evenly because I'll have them calibrated for specific tasks.

For me, I'm finding that collecting machines is becoming a hobby within a hobby.[/QUOTE

Like you I also have Featherweights, actually 2, a white 1950s model Featherweight, and a Kenmore similar to yours. I use these for all my work don't really need or want more.