View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 05:15 PM
mateoh

Happy 4th of July to all! I kept myself busy today sewing some burp bibs for my daughter's baby due in September and I will be sewing on his quilt today as well. Today is what I would call a "munchy" day so I have to keep my hands busy. Tomorrow will be a quiet day for us with the exception of the fire works that I am sure will start first thing in the morning. It is just my Mom, my DH, my dog Kasper and myself at home tomorrow since our grown kids are all living in other states and my youngest daughter is a camp counselor in West Virginia. The good thing is I don't have to worry about having a lot of tempting goodies around.
My sister arrives from Florida on Sunday while I am at work. She will be staying with Mom for about 9 days and then another sister arrives to stay with Mom until we get back home from our trip. I did some shopping with my DH yesterday for our trip and I was very pleased with being able to buy a smaller size. Although I would like to lose while vacationing, I will be happy with maintaining. I guess it is a good thing that Ireland and Scotland are not well known for their food.
The hospital I work at is encouraging everyone to get more fit by offering Fit Bit purchases for less than 1/2 price. Mine just arrived so I am logging steps. Apparently though, our insurance will also be dependent on our compliance with becoming fit. In the past we had to comply with Biometrics Screening to save on our deductible, starting this fall we need to do our Biometric Screening plus be working to lower our BMI by a minimum of two points a year. If you have a healthy BMI, you have to maintain it. It's always something.
Happy 4th everyone.