View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Rodney

I'm still messing with the 99K. I can attest to the power of shellac for sticking things together.
I managed to glue the needlebar into it's hole. I had the bright idea of turning the machine "a little harder" to break it free again. Not the best thing I could have done. I broke one part of the linkage for the needlebar and managed to bend the needlebar too in the process. So a perfectly good running machine now needs mechanical repairs along with the cosmetic repairs I was working on. I have another older 99 here that I will see if the parts are the same or not to get this one running again.
Live & learn.
On a better note I was up in Tacoma a couple days ago with a little free time on my hands so I stopped at a thrift store there that I like. I found another briefcase to rob the hardware from. For $2.00 I now have latches, a handle and feet for the case I'm making. It turns out the briefcase is the same brand as the first one I bought with nearly identical hardware. This one even has a key for the latches so the lid won't be able to open accidentally. As a bonus I have a couple hinges and lid supports left over for another project.
Rodney