View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 11:24 AM
djmat

Finally had a chance to sit down with my computer to check on the progress here. DD mailed my charms on June 30th, let me know if you don't get them by July 7th! Hope all of you early July birthday babes enjoy your day and get fabulous charms! We'll be returning from vacation on the 16th. More about it later.

Sewbis (last letter is still not working on this laptop, ugh) thanks for encouraging the chatting. Everyone who responded sounds very interesting, full of neat ideas, and absolutely charming so I thought maybe I would sound off, too. I've been extremely busy since early April moving the company to a new location (2200 sqft to 7800 sqft) so you can imagine the new furniture I had to purchase, the utilities off at one & on at the new site. Had to hire 3 more to get 'er done. My boss is wonderful, gave me a raise, praise, & bonus for the reopening party with 250 invitations which went off with minor difficulty. He brings me cool sewing stuff sometimes. My husband teaches at my work in the evenings when he gets off work at the USAF. He & my boss have their own mutual admiration society, which works out fine for me because I enjoy the banter & intelligent conversation about engineering, lifelong learner here.
Please forgive me if it looks as if I'm AWOL on this site. I do check it at least twice a week, especially before the end of the month to get the new addys for all you birthday babes. Hope you all have a wonderful summer. Can hardly wait to get home to my cool breese sewing room & hide out until school starts again.
Took a course in how to use my new quilter but haven't set it up yet. Instructor said I need about 100 hours to train my hand to make feathers, etc. so I have copied the template & work on it twice a day. Have been making regular payment plus any bonus at work to get it paid off early. I admire all of you who live debt free. One last kid in college then I can focus on that issue or perhaps will grow veggies out back to stave off hunger in my old age!
hugs,
dj