View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Marsh

Default Such a frusterating day!!!

So excited to get fabrics ready to cut for my first Bargello quilt. I sprayed all my fabric with starch and left it to dry. Then I started pressing, and the 1st 3 fabrics seemed to have stretched or something. Edges of fabric were wavy - fabric didn't lay flat. But I thought- oh, that will be ok. So I pressed the 1st fabric and put it on my 2.50 strip die (Accuquilt Go) - the first 3 came out wonky. So I continued to cut the rest of that piece and got 2 good cuts. So started with the 2nd fabric- same thing, but this time I took the rest of the fabric to my cutting table and did it by hand. That was ok. But then I checked my die and discovered it had warped. I was so upset - so started hand cutting the 3rd fabric, and I couldn't get one good cut by hand - fabric was just terrible. I decided to wash and dry the rest of the fabric to see if it would return to normal, and it has helped a lot.

I went to the little quilt store here in Flagstaff to try to find 2 fabrics comparable to the ones I had so much trouble with, no luck. My DH will have to go back to the fabric store in Phoenix this week and get more of these fabrics.
We put my accuquilt go on top of the die to see if it will flatten it out, and if it doesn't, he will have to pick up a new die for me.

Depressing to say the least. So I am having a scotch & water.