View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Edie

When I go out of town I buy something from each quilt shop I go to and when I get home, I put them in a box and think on them every once in a while as to what I am going to do. I have decided on a rose/teal as the main colors and it is going to be my "Vacation" quilt (the first vacations without my husband (2013)) and I wanted it to show that I am ok, that even though I miss him with all my heart, I know I can make it. And, it will be a strip quilt! Why, you ask? Because a jelly roll doesn't take up that much room when you're traveling. I now have five jelly rolls, some little 2-1/2" squares and some fat quarters. This way, I will keep track of where I got the fabric, when I got the fabric, who I went to visit and put it all in a book, so I will have something to remember a very hard to get through special time in my life. Then when I figure I have enough fabric, I will sew the strips altogether and cut and sew and cut and sew and when I run out of the fabric, I will have a quilt. That is my own Fab Shop Hop!!!!!! Edie