View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 08:10 AM
Wanabee Quiltin

Originally Posted by AZ Jane View Post
Get a half sheet of plywood, you may have to buy a whole sheet, maybe you could go in with someone. They say it must be oak, not true. Lay it on the floor. Lay your ironing board on top of the plywood. Draw all around the ironing board with any kind of marker. Now get some "furring" strips or wooden strips approximate 1" X 1" or 1/2" X 1/2". Nail or screw them just outside of the lines you have drawn on the plywood. (when placed on top of your ironing board, these will keep the plywood on your ironing board.) Cover the top of the plywood (the part without the wooden strips) with a layer or two of batting and any left over fabric you might have (or you can purchase the silver kind made for ironing). Place plywood onto your ironing board (that you have set back up) fabric up. TA DA!!!!!! Hope that helps. Let me know if it doesn't make sense. Works perfectly in my head LOL!! My hubby has made several! I was going to add pictures but camera battery is dead. I'll charge it up and try later!

Love your direction, but DH is wondering if 24 inches is too wide ?