View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Jeanne S

Originally Posted by luckydiver17 View Post
Would you mind telling me a little about the speed control? Do you just set the lever to whatever speed you want and then no matter how hard you press the pedal it goes the same speed? Thanks!
The speed control is a vertical lever/bar on the right front of the machine that you move up or down and it sets the maximum speed the machine will go. I keep mine about 1/3 of the way up (below half the potential speed max). Then when I press the foot pedal, the speed will match my foot pressure up to this max speed of 1/3, and will hold that speed constant as long as I hold the foot pedal down all the way. (You can sew slower than where you set the speed, just not faster). The Juki 2010q is a VERY powerful machine and can sew extremely fast--much faster than I can control or feel comfortable with, so this speed control makes it very easy for me to set the maximum speed I like. Where it is really helpful is FMQ because once you find the speed you are comfortable sewing at, you don't have to concentrate on keeping that steady speed going but rather can concentrate on your quilt movement.