View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Anoka Quilter

Now for a little about me, the Anoka Quilter - July 11th

I was born and raised on a dairy farm in NE and have lived in Port Townsend, WA and Sioux City, IA before deciding to make MN my home. I have been married to my current husband for 17 years and we have four darling children, Chester, Renanna, Twich (all dogs) and Crystal (the cat). My son, yes he is human, is grown and his child, my grandson, is 10.

I work at the corporate office for one of the largest hair salon companies in the AP department and have been there for 6 years. I really like my job, but there are times that it does take over my life and leaves me with little free time for what I want to do.

Last December I took the big leap and purchased a Handi Quilter so I am also working on building a in-home quilting business.

It was actually my husband who got me interested in quilting and the first quilt I ever made was a quilt that we both worked on together as a gift for some friends in 2003. His mother was very much into quilting and I began going to retreats with her and I have been hooked ever since.

I just finished a baby quilt for the daughter of a friend and the wall-hanging for the swap here on the QB. Iii have a custom quilt I am putting together for a customer and I am working on a king size quilt for our bed.

What am I most proud of? That is a hard one. There is the usual; home, son, etc. As for quilting it is the first quilt I did after the one that my husband and I worked on together. I choose the Delectable Mountains pattern, which was way over my skill level at the time. It took me over a year to piece but it turned out beautifully.

What else about me.... Besides quilting I enjoy crocheting, knitting, camping, cooking and gardening.