View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 10:58 PM
janeknapp

I put two layers of Warm and Natural batting on for padding. To cover it ... I use Drill fabric from Joann's with my 40% (or 50%) coupon. You will need 68" x 30" of fabric for a 24" x 60" board.

Keep the Drill that you cut off. Cut in sections and use on top of your board in the area which gets
the most use. It is extra protection if you press seams while piecing in one particular area of the board. (Rather than removing the cover and replacing it when soiled, just lay another layer of Drill over the top. It will stay in place without all of the extra work.)

Press the fabric giving attention to the fold. Do not spray with water. Don't ever wash Drill. It shrinks and the wrinkles won't iron out.

Use an electric staple gun with 3/8" staples. (Take the old staples out with a screwdriver.)
Staple a long side with the selvage edge first starting in the middle. Pull the fabric taut lengthwise as you staple toward the ends. Next staple the other side folding under the edge so it covers the padding. (It may need to be trimmed.) Be sure to pull it taut across the width and length when stapling. Staple the short ends keeping the fabric taut while stapling.
Attached Thumbnails big-ironing-board.jpg