Thread: Eq7 ?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 05:18 AM
eparys

Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
Hello everyone,
For those of you with EQ7 I d like to know what you like and don't like about it please.

Is there a learning curve to it?
as with anything - there is a learning curve. I love mine and have had EQ for 3 year - I am still learning but use it weekly

What do you like best @ it?
I love being able to play with colors, style, borders, redesigning blocks, paper piecing foundations, resizing blocks and high on my list is that I am currently doing a BOM that requires templates (which were very expensive) - once I draw the block, I can print out either templates of foundation pages for PPing.

What do you hate about it?
There are some things in drawing a block I have not been able to accomplish - such as copping part of a block - but my guess there is a way and I have not come across it - lol.
Should I wait for the the EQ8?
Would you suggest I purchase it? If so why or why not?
LaQuita
I had EQ 6 and it had limited installs, so I upgraded to 7 which has a limit on "active machines" which you can manage online. I am very pleased with 7 and it does way more than I am capable of using. Unless 8 dances the jig and sings, I will probably not upgrade again. I purchased my original one from:

http://jhittlesewing.funoverload.com...ls/page_1.html .

You need to "sign up" for this site by giving them your email but the price was great compared to others at the time. They send one email a week to their "specials". They do not advertise their price on EQ, so I had to call and get a quote but it is a great site for any sewing related things.

Good luck with your decision - I love mine and would not be without it.