View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 05:11 PM
djmat

Barb, I'm the controller for a higher education firm where they teach all methods of nondestructive testing: magnetic particle; liquid penetrant; radiographic; eddy current; visual; ultrasonics & ultrasonics phased array, etc. The field encompasses aviation; oil & gas; bridge & rail; naval vessels; gas turbine engines; building construction; even carnival rides at Disney, & NASA of course. Inspectors cannot even go to a job site without specific certifications from a written practice, we provide that through course work and exams, and we write written practice for those who need it.
You should see one of our new labs - all of the walls are white board & some of the equations flabbergast me, and I used to teach math at the high school! It is interesting work and it is nice to work with hubby when he can find the time to teach an evening class. He arrives, I set up the class then go home, ah time to sew without distraction! It suits us very well after so many years of him traveling 80% of the time. 37 years is a long time to wait for the one you love! Sorry, I wrote a book!