View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 09:45 AM
quilt938

Default Hello from Houston!

I found this forum while looking for information on vintage Singers! I've been quilting since 2001 - I tried a few classes a few years earlier but didn't really get into it until 2001. I always wanted to sew but the chance to learn never came up and I wasn't the brave sort to venture out on my own!

I love simple quilts (actually love some of the more complicted ones- just don't love doing them!) I like piecing and am happy with rail fences, 9 patches, and quick patterns. I did a bunch of swaps on another forum about 10 yrs ago but they went the way of more complicated so I haven't done as many. I ventured into that section here and see several I'd like to do - just have to see about the time.

I just brought down furniture and sewing machines/accessories from my parents' (they passed in 2011) so I'm currently fixing up my townhome so I can use the back section for quilting and sewing machine 'display' space is becoming a premium!

I'm enjoying reading through the different forums and hope to get to know some of y'all better.