View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Crazy_Lady

Oh! I LOVE seeing all the pictures of your "owners"! Is there anything more comforting than the unconditional love that comes from the furry members of our families? I'm attaching pictures of our "Lacey". She's a toy poodle that had been rescued from a puppy mill by the Humane Society. She had been starved, mistreated, and forced to have a puppy before she was really old enough and had lost it. My daughter and her family adopted her and then her asthma started acting up. They were devistatated thinking they may have to giver her up and began trying all types of meds for my daughter, getting their vents cleaned, and anything else they thought may help. We were just recovering from the loss of our beloved Husky, Max. We had had him in our lives for 16 years and the loss was so hard that we said we'd never go through hurt again.....no more pets! But, since Lacey had stayed with us before and was used to us, and our grandchildren were comfortable with her coming to visit Grandma & Grandpa, we said we would take her for a month while they worked a solution. Well.....5 years later , she is a permanent member of our family. She has helped heal the loss of Max and we can't imagine our lives without her. I like to think that Max helped to direct her to us to help us heal I know that eventually we will go through the same heartwrenching loss, but the unconditional love she gives us and we can give her now will make it worth it. Plus, our grandchildren are content knowing she is still in the family and they can see her any time they want to.

Super Puppy Lacey on Halloween
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60748[/ATTACH]

Lacey
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60749[/ATTACH]

Lacey with her little friends
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60750[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-60748.jpe   attachment-60749.jpe   attachment-60750.jpe