View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 09:35 AM
dunster
Power Poster

I purchased 20 pieces (various yardages) from Connecting Threads just before Christmas. This was my first purchase from them. The package arrived quickly, and the order (including several spools of thread) was correct. I washed and pressed the fabric and had no problem with colors running or fading. The weight of the fabric is very good, certainly not flimsy. In fact I think it's on the heavier side of many quilt shop fabrics. It "feels" good.

The selvage on one side of the fabric is "different" in that it's not tightly woven, not "finished". However, the pieces were wider than 45" before washing, so no usable fabric is lost there, and the pieces seemed to press more easily than those with tightly woven selvages.

Overall I'm very happy with the fabric quality. I did notice that almost all of the pieces I ordered had only 2 colors - white and one or two shades of something else - and this seemed to be true of a large number of the fabrics offered on the web site. I think this is why I haven't been drawn to Connecting Threads fabrics in the past. The fabrics just don't look as scrumptious to me as fabrics that use a lot of color. In fact I'm thinking about using these in my Dear Jane, since they remind me of fabrics from an earlier time.

I'll definitely buy fabric from Connecting Threads again. In fact I think I'll take another look now...