View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 03:16 AM
Sandygirl

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I tried one just using my own 60 degree triangle and some border print I had....mess! Is there a tute somewhere...I must have done something really wrong....looked so simple too. May have to travel the 25 miles to pick up the pattern!

Describe the "mess". Perhaps I can assist.

First, look for a You Tube tutorial using your ruler. I use Creative Grids and there are videos for all of them. You "flip" the ruler to make the triangles without any waste of fabric.

Place your ruler on the border strip to determine how you want the triangle cuts to look. I take into account the "repeat" of the border stripe and the height of the ruler. Creative Grids 60 degree rulers come in 8.5" and 12" sizes. I have the 8.5 but now I want the larger one for borders with bigger "repeats".

Once you choose how you want the triangle to look, note the height measurement on the triangle. That is the width of the strip you will cut.

Keep in mind the "focal" on the border stripe. I center it myself . I also consider the "repeat" of the stripe and look for the logical placement in the triangle that is pleasing to me.

I hope this helps. If I have time this weekend, I will add some photos and put this in the tutorial section.

Relax and have fun!

sandy

Last edited by Sandygirl; 07-11-2014 at 03:29 AM.