Old 07-11-2014, 04:28 AM
gardnergal970

I've been lurking again, enjoying the news and the beautiful eye candy. Here's a summary of what I've been up to this summer. I haven't kept up on making goals. At least I haven't started a anything new and did get a couple of piecing finishes. I do have the top of my SYE done but haven't a place large enough to take a good picture. Once I get it quilted and the binding on, I'll take it to the LQS for a picture. I'm really happy how it turned out. Right now I'm working on a couple of Barbara Brackman quilt alongs, the Delightful Stars which is a follow up to the aiming for accuracy quilt and the El's Kitchen BOM. I did get the QB Peaceful Cottage fully pieced too but no picture. Also the berries ripened and the weeds grew in the garden so I've not lacked for anything to do! The mini is on hold until I get a couple of more finishes so I can reward myself with an Acquilt!

I had a chance to meet visit my DD and her fiancé and DGS this past week. I gave her the Aiming for Accuracy quilt and the jungle quilt for my DGS. They were well received and I know they will be loved for a long time.

i'm glad that everyone has escaped harm from the severe weather. Only a few shingles off here. I'm enjoying the periodic cool with less humidity we're having this summer.