View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 06:49 AM
mckwilter

Originally Posted by decky View Post
Good for you for getting what you wanted. I bought an expensive machine a few years ago and my husband would tell people HOW much money I spent on it. So I started telling people that we had to build a new house with a 3 car garage so he could by a boat, motor and trailer and then he had to get a big car to haul it to the river. He no longer talks about my machine!!!
Good for you. When I started looking for a new machine (my Singer was 30+ years old), I decided on the Bernina Aurora 440QE. When I told my DH it was $3,000, he stopped, took a deep breath, and said that as many guitars as he had bought over the years we've been married, I never said a negative word, so he couldn't complain if the machine was ONLY $3,000. Just one of the many reasons I love the man!

As for having more than one machine, I own 14 (and two sergers). And 7 of them are "take to class" machines. Six of them are Featherweights and I rotate using them. They go to classes where only a straight stitch is required. The seventh has bells and whistles, if the class calls for extras. And I always take two machines to classes, workshops and retreats. You never know when a machine may break down, so better to be safe than sorry.