View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 10:53 AM
wordpaintervs

Although I am a novice quilter, i try...as each great grandchild reaches a second birthday to make them a simple quilt. I sent an e-mail to the mothers yesterday evening, (2 birthdays coming up soon) suggesting the following quilt for this year. I asked them to take 4 paper plates and labeling each as to right or left, trace out each foot and hand. I would then take a color solid and cut templates to use. I plan to applique them onto a square...ie: 8 inch square. Thinking in terms of 3 squares across and 3 down as the main attraction, or only pattern for the follow up squares till I achieved the size I want...square1, row one would hold a left hand with a print (using childs favorite color) square next to it and followed by the right hand. Square 1 and 3 of row 2 would have the same print color and in the middle would be in permanent ink or embroidered the childs name. Row 3 would be like row 1 except it would have the feet. I might put sahings between the blocks and just build them up...what do you think. It would be special for them as they grew up to see their hands and feet and what their favorite color was. I could not find hands to serve as an example nor did I show the squares dividing,but am sending a very simple example. What do you guys think of this concept? (Crossing my fingers that I picked up the right picture to show as an example....giggling)

quilt idea for Great Grans
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60756[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-60756.jpe