View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 12:28 PM
GreyQ

Default Nice find at a friend's sale

This was a friend's Grandma Mabel Boettcher's machine. Mabel was married to my office manager's Grandpa's brother. Yes, this is a small town and nearly everybody is related to everybody else. Paula uses her other Grandma's machine and this one has been sitting in the sunroom for many years. The cabinet is in good shape but the finish is worn which is ok. The machine just needs a little cleaning & oiling. It moves freely but I haven't plugged it in since I want to do some more cleaning & let the oil soak in. The cabinet drawer has the original motor lubricant. Do you think it's any good? 2 packets of nice darning needles. It has a little stool that needs recovering. It had a bunch of damp denim scraps. It rained a little this morning so I think that's when it got damp. I have the attachment box drying. It needs a new power cord but the other cords look really god and are soft & pliable. Also needs a new bobbin winder rubber wheel. It's a 1952 Singer 15 AL244619. $25
Attached Thumbnails p7110081.jpg   p7110082.jpg   p7110086.jpg   p7110079.jpg   p7110080.jpg