View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Bill'sBonBon

Originally Posted by Rose Marie
I have one of those plastic tables and it is stashed away. All it did was catch the quilt on the edges. It was a waste of money so I ended up buying a regular table with the lift. What a difference no more fighting the edges.
With a hubby that is handy you could have him cut a hole in an old table and put your sewing machine level with the table. He can even cut the hole to fit the plastic table that fits around your machine.
I sometimes do have that problem of the quilt catching on the end or edge. But to Me,for me, It doesn't really bother me that much. I have learned to make sure I have the quilt kinda folded on itself and solves the catching problem for me. I love my extension table. I tried to sew with the little green pieces of the stuff that makes things stay put. But there is to much difference in the table and the machine itself. So made up my mind going to get hubby who is very handy to grind it to the size for the new one. I am going to use it for regular sewing and some piecing. The oldie but goodie is for quilting,freemotion.