Old 07-11-2014, 06:50 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

SewMom ... Thank You!!! I am quite pleased with it too. Though I will confess, there was a while where I absolutely hated it and just finished it for the sake of doing so. Even once done I was not in love with it and was even contemplating loaning it to a friend to hang in her large historic home. What finally got me thrilled, was the day I hung it to take the photo I posted. That was the first time that I saw it from a distance and truly saw how it all came together. After that, no way was I giving it to her .... nor tucking it away. Instead it now hangs in my living room on the far wall, so I can enjoy seeing it every time I come and go from my office.

You could always do it like I did ... no plan in mind!!! I just started making blocks, and went from one to the other using fabrics I wanted and liked. Then would look for fabrics in my stash to blend together blocks that just didn't go with each other! It's kind of fun to take two opposite blocks and then find a print that has the colours for the two and presto, you have them all of a sudden looking like they belong together.

Good Luck ... and enjoy making your FWS!!