Old 07-12-2014, 05:12 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

I've been HOPPING, Ladies! .... did two shops on Tuesday (came home because of rain)
Friday/yesterday seven and again today/Saturday seven more!
All but one of our Ontario July Shop Hop 13 LQS' also are in the Row by Row. Plus I added in three that were just RxR. So I now have 13 red and white blocks to stitch up into a quilt .... and 15 RxR patterns.

Has anyone else been out Hopping?

OKSGlad ...
good strategy ... take a break from all those stars! I'm like Anael, and have hard time doing repetitive work! Though when I do, I think, oh this is so nice ... just get in a routine and production happens! Look forward to seeing your red and cream mini! With all your plans, your shed is soon going to be too small ... you may have to add on an addition, before long! Maybe should have gone for a bigger one? Sleepovers in it will create so many good memories for your Grands!!! Especially when they convince you to stay out there with them! My goodness ... look at your Little Houses! They remind me very much of a subdivision I have made. Much the same pattern and scrappiness, only much larger ... I think they are 10". It was a BOM at an LQS a few years ago, with a quilt block on the side panel. I did them all scrappy and then they sat on my design wall for eons as I didn't know what to do with them. Tucked them away, and one of these times they will need see the light of day and I'll make a decision on their destiny!

JanRN ... So sad for you to have said good bye to Patches. He was with you for so long, and was a big part of your life which makes it so hard to say the final farewell. I know your loss, leaves a huge hole in your ♥. BTW ... No need to feel a slacker re goals ... you get a lot accomplished without making lofty plans.

DublB ... so sorry for your loss. Remember all the good and special times you had with your DGM.

GGal ... so good to "see" you!! Looks like you have been busy for sure. Tis the season. I am really looking forward to seeing your Spike because of your unique way of putting it together. I know, patience IS a virtue!

Honchey and QNS ... Looks like the two of you have been busy. Some great projects in the works.For me, looks like the two of you have been busy sewing! A great way to stay cool in the summer ... for those of you with a/c. No a/c in my home, but with my sewing room is in the basement, I seek refuge there as it's usually cooler and sew to my ♥s content!

Here's some of what I have finished up lately ...
The Shower Spike!
The Bride's colours in her registry were all black and white, so I chanced adding in a splash of pink. The black and red both have some gold bling in them. The backing is the grey/black check, for practicality, in case they want to flip it over and put something on it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]482827[/ATTACH]

June is Dairy Month ... what better than a Churn Dash block for my Theme Block Mini hanger.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]482829[/ATTACH]

July 1st was Canada Day, so I kept with that theme for my July block ... Canada Mariner's Compass
[ATTACH=CONFIG]482831[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails spike-1hillaryshower-8-.jpg   themebom6june-7-.jpg   themebom7july-3-.jpg