View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Maureen NJ

Über quilting, I also like the Kutzstown Folk Festival. The volunteers were very gracious to open all the quilts you want. There are seats in the center so you can sit and enjoy. I also stood there and copied a design I liked on paper and they did not mind. Of course, I did buy an appliqué wallhanging as I cannot do that and I appreciate all the hand appliqué and hand quilting and it was also very reasonable. Besides, the quilt barn was air conditioned!!

i have heard wonderful things about the Hershey show. One of these years I will get out there.

Speaking of other nice quilt displays/outdoor shows, a wonderful non-judged show is in Tunkhannock PA in the Endless Mountains the first Saturday of October. The whole town displays beautiful quilts outside. They have a nice vendor area. They also have a guest speaker each year in the AM (Edyta Sitar was one) and a featured quilter display, such as appliqué quilts. I recommend it! Plus, there are some antique shops and a great quilt shop, Endless Mountain Quilt shop, in huge town. Check it out.