View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 08:42 PM
Jim's Gem

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
Yes for me.

Jan in VA
This is how many of my quilts go. We have 12 different charities that our guild provides quilts for. Sometimes I just give the quilt to the guild, other times I specify, such as the NICU.

I enjoy making quilts. I am no longer working and have the time to do them. Also I love to be able to make something that will let the receiver know that they have been thought of. I love love love to go to quilt give a way days at our guild We give quilts away twice a year and June we gave away 209 quilts. In December we gave away 208. I get really excited to see all the recipient representatives and to hear the stories of how much the quilts have touched lives. It brings me such joy to see my quilt go to somewhere where it will be loved and cherished and especially used.

I have sent several quilts to Romania to a young ladies home. I have also done several quilts that are auctioned off to raise funds for the various charities.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Last edited by Jim's Gem; 07-12-2014 at 08:46 PM.