Thread: Pheasant
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 03:20 AM
Edie

Wink

I like it with mushroom soup - brown it first and then use a can of mushrooms and mushroom soup and bake it. Also a traditional item with pheasant in our home is Minnesota Wild Rice (not the green kind - the black kind). That is a casserole made also with mushrooms and mushroom soup. It is a very comfort food dinner with Jello Bavarian made with Cool Whip. And pumpkin pie for dessert! Good good autumn fresh pheasant dinner from Minnesota, don'cha know!!!!!! Edie

PS - Thanks a lot - I have some pheasant in the freezer right now and that sounds really good. I have to get the rest of the venison eaten also. I have some good recipes for venison if anyone wants one. Also, if you want the recipe for the pheasant, wild rice (which is to die for - my mom's recipe - she used to give her son in laws two pounds of wild rice, some cans of mushroom soup and canned bits and pieces mushrooms and then her daughters would have to cook it for their husbands. Every husband loved the wild rice casserole - also the recipe for the Jello Bavarian - very simple, very easy - easy dinner - Good Minnesota Viking watch on tv and scarf down that dinner!!!!!!!! dinner!!

Last edited by Edie; 07-13-2014 at 03:24 AM.