View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 12:31 PM
Jazzmyn

Originally Posted by AlvaStitcher View Post
We will be moving into our new house at end of this month. I have never had ceramic tile before, just vinyl. I have seen areas on vinyl that have been discolored by having a rug on top and was wondering if ceramic tile does the same, or if it affects the color of the grout. I would think not but don't want to take a chance until I hear from the "been there, done that" crowd. LOL Thanks.

I have rugs with a rubber backing on my tile floors and have had for over 15 years and the rugs have Never stained the tile. I have Vinyl in my utility room and had a rubber backed rug in there one time and it stained the vinyl....but once the rug was removed it took a long time for the stain to go away.
Also the rugs on my tile floor do Not stain the grout...but my grout is sealed.

That being said I do Not know if all tile is the same......you said it is a New home so I assume you have had it built...that you chose the tile you wanted.....you should be able to ask the company that you got your tile from or the company that is installing it. I would be asking to be for certain....since tile is Not cheap to replace.