View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 02:19 PM
azwendyg

I use pieces at least this size to warm up on before quilting on a "real" project too. Often I draw the piecing on my muslin sandwich so I can see how the designs "fit" and make sure they look OK when I stitch them. (Sometimes something is lost in the translation between what it looks like in my head and what it looks like in thread.!)
Originally Posted by roguequilter View Post
fabulous teaching tool you have created. i also think it is perfectly placed here under tutorials. i have liked leah day idea of practice blocks then join together into a "sampler" quilt of quilt motifs. but i think i like this idea vetter. i have done fmq on domestic machine off & on for many many years. always do a practice piece before working on a quilt. this large area would give better warm up/practice before embarking on a quilting project. the use of a large quilt sandwich like this is more "true to life" than individual blocks. handling of the large quilt body, or even a wall hanging, is one of the more difficult aspects of fmq on domestic to learn. what a great idea you have here!! so glad you posted ....thank you!