View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 03:38 PM
dc989

Default Too Blessed Help

Sister of a friend just gave me 8 totes and several sacks of quilt fabric. Most of it is quilt shop quality and is very up to date. Now for the problem. I'm finding lots of pieces which have been cut perhaps by a commercial machine? for garments. I know that she buys tons of stuff from yard sales and one of the big sacks was full of pieces for example which had pocket shapes or maybe shorts pieces cut out of big pieces. What's left is selvage edges maybe four inches wide and odd shapes. I can see some real possibilities for scrappy charity quilts but am puzzled about the best sizes to cut these pieces into so I can salvage as much as possible. I would like to cut all these pieces into strips now and then do the cross cuts later so I can organize it into some semblance of order. Any ideas what to do?

I was not going to save the tiny pieces. Did not prewash because it was very clean and I did not want to deal with the snarled mess.

Just as an aside she is getting rid of her stash because she has rheumatoid arthritis and can't sew now. She did lots of kids charity quilts and knew that is my passion too.