View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 06:13 PM
papple00

Default My version of "Cottage Romance"

Last year a blogger "bailey" posted a pic of a quilt she had just finished and it was so beautiful that I knew I had to make one. We had just moved and I loved the color of the master bedroom and all of the fabrics in her quilt would match it so beautifully. I contacted her to see where she got the pattern and she very graciously told me the name of a book that it was in. I started searching the internet right away and found on on Amazon and purchased. Then I set about find my fabric. Some that I used are like hers but others are different. I also wasn't brave enough to do the scalloping on the edges but think that that really makes the quilt. I finally finished mine today and am sooooooooo happy with it. I had my LA quilt it and he did a beautiful job. I got it home, trimmed it and got to work on the binding. It took me forever to hand sew the binding down on the back of the quilt.......BUT it is done and I am so happy. In this pic I still have to finish my shams but was so excited I couldn't wait to get it on the bed. Thank you "bailey" for posting your pic and for giving me the name of the book the pattern was in. I LOVE my quilt and it fits in my bedroom so nicely!!!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]483018[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_4978-3.jpg