Old 07-14-2014, 03:09 AM
mpspeedy2

Nancy, I totally agree with you. I do a lot of sewing on charity projects. I make pillowcase dresses and Linus quilts. Neither are perfect but they will make some child happy or keep them warm. My husband teases me about my "job" as I often spend hours most days working on either project. It gives me an excuse to keep buying fabric and allows me to share my good fortune with those who are not as fortunate. Many of the others in my group who make the Linus quilts try and make masterpieces. They may produce one or two a month. Mine are simple. I use a child friendly print on the front and back it with flannel. I machine quilt them simply. My personal quota is 21 a month. The label we sew on the Linus quilts features Linus hugging a quilt and sucking his thumb. That is the way I see those quilts. They offer comfort to a child in distress or pain. This weekend I probably got 20 or so pillowcase dresses made. I will drop them off today. They go to countries where the children usually run mostly naked. This makes the young girls victims of men who only see them as sex objects. The dresses remind the adults that these are children and not toys for their amusement and gratification. As long as I am able to sew I will continue to make those two items.