Old 07-14-2014, 06:33 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Thank you everyone for your accolades ....
though I did not post my quilt to hijack this thread. Sorry SewMom!
I posted it to show how scrappy can happen ... and come together at the end as a unified quilt.

Thanks JeanieG for telling everyone about our group.
For those interested ... all the threads that JeanieG mentioned for the FWS are still available to you for the whole quilt. There were two blocks per week and two threads. One thread had the rotary cutting measurements for those who wanted/needed them. The other thread was where we posted our completed blocks. If we didn't finish them that week, we then went back to it when we got the specific block completed. Plus in that second thread, we chatted about the how to's of the quilt, fabric choices, completion ideas, etc. As the weeks went by, the friendships grew. If you are not one for rotary cutting or templates, there was (probably still is) a Yahoo group that had developed the PP patterns for all the blocks. Sorry, I don't have a link for you any longer.

For those thinking of doing it, it is definitely worth working together on it. I know if it had not been for the wonderful Ladies in that group, I would never have completed my FWS. I believe the original group started in August 2010. I joined the QB in Spring 2011 and soon after noticed what they were doing. I had never heard of the FWS quilt, but having been on the farm all my life, it called to me, so it wasn't long til I was making blocks on my own, but soon joined the group. There were times I am sure I would have thrown in the proverbial towel ... and if it had not been for such a grand group, I probably would have done so. I completed my quilt in the wee hours of a June 2011 morning and about four hours later had it at our local Fair to be shown!

So Ladies ... all who are thinking about it ... jump in, and go to those threads, and start posting your blocks to them. Many of us are still drawn to anything FWS and we will be there to cheer you on as you work on your FWS quilts.

Good Luck!!!!!!!

Last edited by QuiltE; 07-14-2014 at 06:35 AM.