View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 09:05 AM
DonnaFreak

Default My Mother's Machine

Howdy y'all

My mother passed away 3 1/2 years ago, and for as long as I can remember she used the same sewing machine. Neither of my sister's want it, so as soon as I make room for it in my house, it's mine. The machine is a Singer 306 in a cabinet, and when my mother bought it, she was told she was buying the very first one. Maybe the shop owner meant she was buying the first one from that particular store, but my mother was convinced that she had bought the first one ever made.

I've looked the 306 up on the internet, and so far I haven't found even one good review about it. But my mother kept it well cleaned and oiled (she used 3-in-one oil on it), and never had a bit of trouble with it. So I'm hoping someone here has something encouraging to say about it! LOL! I have one spot in my house where I could put it, but after reading the reviews I'm wondering if I should just leave it at my sister's house and look for another machine. I check Craigslist regularly and just recently missed out on a Singer 66K in a cabinet for only $40! So what do y'all think? Should I take my mother's machine? At the risk of being raked over the coals, I will say that my mother was very abusive, so I have no sentimental attachment to this machine at all. But if it's worth anything and it's free..... *shrug*

Donna