View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 02:27 PM
BuzzinBumble

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Maybe there was a fad for awhile... maybe someone was tired of those 404s and thought they wanted Touch & Sew machines like we got in my home ec class... When we got the Touch and Sew machines everybody was Mad, mad, mad. we spent all our time trying to wind a bobbin. Then had to sew at home because we all ran out of class time to use the stupid Touch and Sew. Those 404 and 401 machines would at least teach you to sew - I Loved the one I had and asked my mom to get one of those - nope she had a FW and that was that... I gave up on Singer sewing machines for years after that. Then I found a 401G in the trash - it was easy to love and no going back. I'm a fan of the 403 especially. That one is very simple and it does what I tell it to do. Bobbins wind just fine - no lost time. I screwed up though - I should have invested money in the thread company - with the T & S you waste so much of it...
this is too funny Miriam!
my SIL was a home ex teacher and she figured out a way to solve that bobbin winding problem... I'll have to ask her to make sure, but I think the transition was between the same two machines and they liked the old ones better too.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-12-2019 at 02:57 AM.