View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Cyndi H

Here's my aarrggghh JoAnn's story along with a happy JoAnn story. I was given $120 in gift cards by hubby, son, and mom (along with $50 to my favorite LQS!). I went to JoAnn on Saturday, but it looks like they anticipated that all the quilters would come - they put every bit if quilting cotton on sale for $1 off. Wow. Big deal. A whole $1 off. That meant that you couldn't use your coupons. I had 5 different coupons for 40-50% off and was hoping to get 5 - 6 yards each of some good fabric (blacks/whites/creams) and use the coupons. Oh well. I'll wait until they're back to full price. But all was not lost - I went over to their red tag bins, and found all kinds of good quality quilting cotton in colors and patterns I liked for $3-5 a yard. I stocked up on 1/4 and 1/2 yard cuts

What I really liked was getting lots of extra "end-of-bolt" cuts - if you know roughly what's left on a roll, and ask for less than that, they give you the rest at half price. So I got lots of extra fabric for $1.50-2.50 a yard. Wheeee!