Thread: Advise Please
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 06:29 PM
BETTY62

Depending on the weight of the fabric you are using, you can cut up to 6 layers of fabric at a time. Before I cut my fabric, I decide the design I will be making, how many pieces I will need of each of the die pattern pieces and the size of the actual piece that is being cut from the die design. Until you have more experience in cutting your pieces, use a scrap piece of fabric and actually make a cut so you can judge the size of the fabric piece you will need to use. You can also determine this by laying a piece of fabric over the actual die pattern to see the size of fabric you will need to make the cut for that design. Once you have made a few practice cuts, you will know how to gauge the size of the fabric you need. If you need the same cut in several different colors, just layer your colors and run up to 6 layers through your Go cutter. Just remember, the number of layers that can be cut at a time is determined by the weight of the fabric. Do not try to force to many layers through your cutter as doing so will cause it to break.

I hope this has been helpful to you. You can also contact the AccuQuilt call center for assistance. They are really a great bunch to work with.