View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 03:34 AM
Kris P

Originally Posted by stitchingcrazy View Post
Yes I have but I have not finished the border yet because I am scared!!! I started out to do a cushion/pillow, and it grew and grew into a king sized quilt top. My husband loves it and funnily enough so do I. I never thought I would do one. I used random colours from my scrap bag. I will post a picture soon. I plan doing an applique vine on a plain calico border, but I do not know how to attach the border to the quilt yet. Any thoughts would be much appreciated from those with experience. I think I will have to do the applique first on the border first due to the size of the main body of the quilt then attach it when completed. I have made miniature flowers ready for the vine.
Check out QUILTING ON THE GO by Jessica Alexandrakis. Her book has multiple methods for applying borders to hand-pieced quilts. I'm hooked on 60degree diamond stars and have pieced 2 queen sized quilts and am working on the 3rd.
I ordered the book online when it came out, but I have since seen it at JoAnn's. You also might enjoy her blog, Life Under Quilts.