View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 05:31 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
You said you want a 'coastal' theme. When I was living on the beach I found a great LQS that had lots of beachy fabric. That's what I used for the shower curtain I made. It was a peach color of sea shells..... loved it. Try looking for your fabric at LQSs along the coast. Good luck.

ps- I know how frustrating it can be when you're getting ready for a move..... my family calls me the moving queen. But, once you get things packed, just sit down, sip a glass of wine, and think about how wonderful it will be in your new sewing area. It works for me, every time.
How absolutely wonderful. I thought I was the only quilter in the whole wide world that sat down to sew with a glass of wine. How sweet it is!!!!!!!! Try Trader Joe's Auslese - It is a quilter's wine. TRUST ME!!!! Or perhaps a nice Tawny Port! TRUST ME!!!!! Or, whatever's in your cupboard or fridge. TRUST ME!!!!! Edie

PS - I prefer the Auslese - nice lady at her machine or sitting in a rocking chair hemming or sewing her quilt by hand type of wine.