Old 12-27-2009, 07:10 PM
cheriffic

Originally Posted by okie
Originally Posted by cheriffic
That is what I plan to do to wait til the end. I have a longarm so I will be doing that part myself thank goodness.
I have a midarm on a frame, but I'm not an experienced quilter, maybe I will be by then. but I'm not sure when I will find time to get that experience. I'll cross that bridge later.
As for the backing and batting, I won't wait that long. The price will be considerably higher. I've seen the price of good fabric go up anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 and even more depending on the saler. I can't buy anything in Jan but I will start looking for a good deal on a backing fabric. Does anyone know what batting they will be using. I feel that this is going to be a pretty heavy quilt top.
I have a Tin Lizzie 18. I have had it almost 3 years but I just got it running a couple of months ago. It is not as easy as it looks. I too need more practice. I have done a lot of the preprinted things and that really does build your experience since you really have to try and follow shapes patterns etc...

I think I will be using warm and natural it plays nice with the longarm and it doesn't fall apart when it is washed.