View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 12:56 PM
spstout

I have both Quilt Pro 5 and EQ 7 for the Mac. I was a graphic designer and magazine editor before law school, so I very well versed with computers and design software. I HATED Quilt Pro. It is just about the least user friendly program I have ever seen. I had to use the manual every single time I used it to figure it out. This is from someone who mastered some of the most powerful illustration and design software on the market. Plus, they have been saying they are going to do an update for several years, and have done nothing. They updated the PC version a few years ago, and even it seems to now sit idle as far as future development. I recently got EQ 7 (OK, the day it came out for Mac). It is not perfect, but it is much better. I know it is more expensive, but it is more intuitive and has a greater range of tools. There are also guides and websites to help you learn to use it better and more effectively. Not so for QP 5. I would be happy to answer specific questions about how the two compare. As Peckish said, not many people have both. But I do, so I may be your best source!