View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Havplenty

There are many young women quilting today. If you read some of the online quilt blogs there are many quilters in their 20's and 30's quilting. Some say they are only finding a home online because many of the neighborhood quilt guilds are filled with more mature women and these young women often have completely different quilt aesthetics. A similar blog conversation was just taking place last week online.

Just like clothes sewing that keeps going and going generation to generation, so will quilting. There has been a revival of clothing patterns with these online blogs as young women are designing new clothing patterns to fit their style. Can you believe there has been a revival of chevron prints (70's) and this whole vintage modern movement? There are so many young women who have not had a chance to experience all of this.

I do however, wonder what the modern quilt movement will look like in 20 years.

Also, I just bought 2 extra sewing machines to introduce my 12 yr old granddaughter and 7 & 12 yr old nieces to sewing. Hopefully one of this group of three will develop a true love for the craft.

Last edited by Havplenty; 07-17-2014 at 01:11 PM.