Old 07-17-2014, 04:03 PM
Koriana

When I was growing up, my grandmother had a drawer of her sewing table reserved for the buttons that had accumulated over the years. I would spend hours sorting through the buttons, making matches and choosing my favorites...some were so amazingly ornate. It is a cherished memory and I believe that I will create such a haven for my grandchildren when they are a little older. All of us grandchildren were involved with dance, baton and other activities requiring ornate costumes that my mother and grandmother made...sequins and beads were something that required sorting and a creative storage solution. My grandfather made my grandmother a rack with baby food jars. He simply attached the lid to the undersides of the boards and then you simply unscrewed the color of sequins, beads, etc that you needed for a project. Depending upon the number of buttons, this would be a great way to store them, especially if sorted by color. My husband has said that he'll make be a similar rack for some of my craft items so I have asked my kids to save me baby food jars...I think I have a dozen, so far. I like the bigger ones.