View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 09:16 PM
Mrs. SewNSew

Wow! What a lovely find! She was very lucky. Our dump doesn't allow things to be removed either. A group recently created a salvage shop where goodies from the dump are being sold and they are open once a month. So far, I have found the sewing machines to be priced too high. I think once they start piling up and see that no one really wants them the prices should drop.

Originally Posted by quilt938 View Post
a friend was helping me pack them up to bring back home and said she wantd to buy one since I didn't need them all - but I'm feeling kinda defensive and don't want to part with any :-( ...
I know my friend means well but I dont' think 3 featherweigths and all those 301s are too excessive...I'd have more treadles if I had the room!
I think your friend overstepped there. It's not really her business whether you "need them all" or not. If she was interested she should have said, IF you decide you don't want to keep them all, please let me know, I would be happy to have one. Given the benefit of the doubt, perhaps that is what she meant and just didn't put the words together well.

Of course you do not have to let any of them go. They are all special to you.