View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 03:12 AM
reneaunoel

Default Need to update my member info!

My Dad is 73 and can hand sew stitches that you need to use a magnifying glass to see! He learned to sew from his Grandmother. He repairs sewing machines as a "very small" hobby and he has always been an inspiration. I learned to sew watching my GreatGrandmother (same lady!) and I begged for classes when I was very young. I sewed clothes for my daughter, from necessity, but really enjoyed adding special, one of a kind trims. As a Grandmother myself (time does fly!) I sew for my granddaughter, and have taken to quilting in all it's forms. My Dad just recently mentioned about listening to his Mother and Grandmother talking about piecing quilts (from old clothes and wool "army" blankets) when he was very young! And as a girl, I was taught that tools are meant to be used, if you see a loose screw, go get the appropriate tool and fix it! My family didn't believe that genders had limits.

Taking my 10 month old granddaughter to a fabric store is a JOY, as she loves the colors and wants to feel most of the fabric! Quilting, sewing and other creative crafts WILL live on!

PS, just finished my move to Alabama and am looking forward to joining a group of ladies who quilt together. All ages, all skill levels, a few totally hand sewers, some a "mix" and a couple who only machine sew! PPS, moving your fabric stash is quite an eye-opener!!!!!!

Last edited by reneaunoel; 07-18-2014 at 03:14 AM.