Old 07-19-2014, 03:48 PM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by Sheepshed View Post
Does anyone remember in the late 1990s probably, a book on fabric-origami type of things, it had a little bag made from a 60-degree triangle, (facing and lining) with the 3 corners brought to a pyramid top, sewn up the 3 side seams, 3/4 of the way, and the three tips turned down on the outside and tacked with thread or button. it made a cute llittle pyramid bag with triangle opening at its top, for

Anyone remember that little bag ?
i have a tute bookmarked somwhere that i can't currently find. but it is what you describe, but the blogger posted it as a thread catcher. i have made several ...

cut two equilateral triangle -10" to a side - one for outside & one for lining. i use 12" triangle as it is nicer size. place triangles right sides together & stitch all around outside edge leaving about 2" opening. use the opening to turn right side out. top stitch close to edge on all three sides after folding in the edges of opening. sew up each triangle edge. - one to another about 2" up from base - you'll have a three sided little pouch with flat bottom. fold triangle tips down. attach button or whatever near tip to secure flap down. done. i am trying to upload one i made w lace & flower instead of button to hold flap down. i have another i did w flowers attached to buttons on the flap but can't get pic small enough to post here. i have also made one using light weight denim for lining. i give these as thankyou gifts & "just 'cause" gifts ..they are loved by recipients. getting ready to make several more for church ladies who give mr thier scraps for my miniatures.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg