Old 07-20-2014, 10:45 AM
Jean45

Originally Posted by PumpkinSundae View Post
Hi...my sewing machine's motor died and I have to start looking for a new one. I know I need to do a test drive at the dealer but was wondering if you would be kind enough to mention what machine you like. I didn't use any of the fancy stitches on my old machine. I know the dealer sells Bernina, Babylock, Singer and Juki.

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

A weekend without my machine.
Ask about lessons. My Bernina dealer gives lessons on the Bernina but not the Bernitte. Also, repair service is really important to me. Ask if the machine is kept in the shop or sent out. I bought a Singer, a JoAnn's anniversary special from their on line site. It didn't work. I would have had to FedEx it to Florence, SC or somewhere in KY for the warranty work. The person on the line kept telling me what could possibly be wrong. At that point I just wanted rid of it. She finally told me that they were only repair. I would have to get in touch with JoAnn's on line. I did. They took it back, emailed me all the labels, paperwork etc for Fed Ex to pick it up and I got all my money back. Never again do I order on line. When buying a machine....sew, touch, ask questions, sew some more.