Old 07-20-2014, 11:34 AM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments on my Miss Dolly Quilt. For those who want the pattern, it is in my head LOL. So there is no pattern, sorry but this is how it came about. I saw a dolls clothes quilt online which I thought I would make. I wanted it larger so increased the size then the idea of a Miss Dolly Quilt popped into my head. Got out the roll of paper, drew up Miss Dolly. Of course, then another idea - make the clothes interchangeable using velcro dots. And why not use up some more of my selvedges...... so this is how this all came to be. The clothes were then drawn up to 'fit' Miss Dolly.

The past 2 weeks I have had the worst flu I have ever had mingled with whooping cough. The severe coughing spasms have seen me visit hospital emergency twice. Up until now I haven't had a yearly flu shot but I will most definitely be lining up next year. Thankfully I am now on the improve and on the few days when I was well enough to sit and sew for a couple of hours in the morning before exhaustion set in, I had fun sewing this quilt and clothes.

I don't have any grandchildren as yet but I am sure I can find some little girl who will love this quilt.
I had a similar idea but it is still rolling around in my head. I love the idea of Velcro dots, I was thinking of little metal snaps for mine, but your idea is better. I wish I had 'grands' make them for.