Thread: computer scam
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 08:32 PM
KarenSimon

I told my dh to call the phone company tomorrow and check on the price for caller ID. We are getting sick of the calls. He loves to get them on the phone and talk and talk. Asking all kinds of questions. Their name, their company's name, anything that wastes their time. The more time you keep them on the phone, the less money they are making. After a while they will hang up on him. He loves to put two phones together so they squeal. After a while saying he can't hear them, they will hang up.

This morning our phone rang at 10 am our time. They man keep saying "good afternoon." I questioned him about the afternoon. People on the east coast and other time zones don't realize we are on Mountain Standard Time. Not Mountain Daylight as they think. In the summer we are California daylight time. Winter Mountain Stardard. Arizona does not believe in Mountain Daylight time.

Maybe DH will think we can afford the extra dollars for caller ID. We are retired but I think we can afford the extra each month. \

Putting your name on the Do Not Call list hasn't helped a bit.