View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 04:22 AM
DustysMomma

I can't remember the last time I bought a lot of fabric. I'm guessing before Christmas. I met The Man in Seattle for a long weekend since he was there for a conference. I got there just in time for the conference dinner Thursday night at Suncadia Resort and on Friday morning we went into Seattle for the weekend. All the walking about did me in, I won't lie, but I made a find at Undercover Quilts in the Pike's Place Market. I bought the "Glacier" quilt kit, a coordinating FQ bundle to make help stretch it to king size (I hope), 2 other beautiful batik FQ bundles in yellow/orange/red, and 2 patterns for 12" beach themed blocks. If I hadn't had to have flown it home, I probably would have bought matching yardage for the rest of the expansion and backing, but I'm hoping I can find a coordinating fabric online. I wanted a couple other instructions, but found them either too vague or they were paper piecing, which scares the bejesus out of me. I spent nearly $200, but he said buy whatever I liked and waited in the "husband parking" area outside, then carried it the rest of the day for me. I'll definitely go back if I'm ever in Seattle again!